Ladies and gentlemen, we have POWER!
We made the decision early on not to have electricity turned on in the house until we have it completely rewired. We came to this conclusion because we felt like the luxury of immediate electricity was more of a hazard than a benefit considering that the house was wired more than 70 years ago AND it stood vacant for nearly 5 years. After tearing the walls down to the studs and seeing the wiring for ourselves, it’s obvious we made the right choice. The wiring was not only outdated, but in terrible shape with frayed, exposed wires and loads of dust waiting for a spark. The perfect storm for a fiery goodbye. Yikes!
So, our solution is a temporary power source in the yard from which we will run extension cords to give us power for lights, tools, etc.
We owe a HUGE thanks to our brother-in-law, Jamie, for installing our temporary power pole! And an unenthusiastic thumbs up to Duke Power for taking more than three weeks to come out and give it the juice. Anyhoo, we’re ready to use some power tools!
Come and see how good she looks! I forced Matthew to help me run extension cords to every room on the front of the house so we could plug in lamps and see our nest aglow.